Penn's Thai Noodle Soup · Gwithieow
Thai chicken soup. Authentic comfort food.
- 200g Thai Gold Rice Noodles (equivalent to a half pack)
- 200g meat / seafood / tofu
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Light Soy Sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 root of fresh ginger, sliced
- 25g fresh bean sprouts
- 3 stalks fresh coriander
- 3 stalks spring onion, finely chopped.
- 2 fresh red chillies, sliced.
- Cook the rice noodles for 8 to 10 minutes and rinse with cold water
- Add 500ml water to a saucepan, add ginger and garlic, boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the meat, sugar, fish sauce, light soy sauce and stock and cook for five minutes.
- Serve in a large soup bowl, about half full
- Add the rice noodles to the soup bowl
- Garnish and serve
- Noodle soup is a standard lunch dish in Thailand.
- Hot or not? Not hot at all, add dried crushed chilies to spice up according to taste.
- Variation: The best meat is probably chicken drumsticks, the longer you can leave this soup simmer the better the flavour.