Penn’s Thai Fried Rice · Khao Pad
Thai fried rice is another of those holiday dishes, eaten as a main course in Thai cooking it is an excellent way to use up all sorts of vegetables and rice from the day before.
- 100g Thai Gold rice, cooked
- 200g meat, chopped and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sliced tomato
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai Gold Light Soy Sauce
- Heat your pan / wok and oil up to stir-fry temperature (hot)
- Add the garlic and cook till golden.
- Add the meet and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir-fry quickly for a few seconds, then add the onion and tomato and stir-fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the rice and stir-fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sugar
- Stir-fry till golden and serve piping hot
- Tip: Not hot at all, this dish is served in Thailand with a side dipping dish of Nam Phrik Nam Plaa, consisting of light soy sauce, fish sauce and hot chilies allowing the diner to decide.
- Variation: You can try this with seafood or tofu. Add at step 5 for a little less time in the pan.
- You'll need: Medium-big size pan or wok.