Thai Coconut Milk Noodle Soup · Laksa
Laksa is a coconut milk noodle soup from the south of Thailand, a wonderful light and quick meal for an Irish day.
- 200g Thai Gold Rice Noodles (equivalent to a half pack)
- 250g chicken
- 400ml Thai Gold Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon Thai Gold Laksa Paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- 3 teaspoon Thai Gold Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Thai Gold Light Soy Sauce
- 200ml water
- 25g fresh bean sprouts
- Half cup fresh coriander
- 3 stalks spring onion, finely chopped.
- Cook the noodles by placing in hot water for about 5 to 10 minutes, rinse with cold water when cooked if you are not going to use immediately.
- Fry laksa paste with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir for a minute.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and 200ml water. Cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the noodles into bowls and pour the soup over them.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, spring onion and coriander.
- Serve, if you haven’t got the hang of chopsticks use a spoon and fork.
- Tip: Not hot, the Thais add both fresh and dried chili to spice up a Laksa.
- Variation: You can try this with any meat, seafood or tofu. Add meat at Step 4 or seafood for a little less time.